Addon domains are additional domains hosted in your account, stored in sub-folders. System treats these domains as a subdomain to your domain. If you want to run a whole different website under the same hosting plan, you can use this feature of cPanel. It is the best option to run multiple websites on a single cPanel account.
1. To create an addon domain, you will need to click on “Addon Domains” under your Domains section from cPanel Home.
2. Find “Create an Addon Domain” section in Addon Domains, as shown below.
3. Fill your domain name in new domain name textbox.
4. Subdomains and Document Root will be automatically filled. Then you can leave the setting as it is or you can change them according to your need.
5. You can create an FTP account, which will be associated with the addon domain. To create an FTP account, select the checkbox on which “Create an FTP account associated with this domain” is written.
6. Enter FTP Username and Password to create an FTP account.
7. Click on the button “Add Domain”, if no error occurs, you will get a success message.