To facilitate smooth transition, especially during this financial year end, please follow these 4 easy steps to move to Tally.ERP 9
Backup and surrender license
- Start Tally 9
- In the Company Info menu select Backup
The Backup Companies on Disk screen appears
- In the Source by default C:\Tally9\Data appears as the source folder
- In the Destination provide the required folder where you want to store the backup of data.
- Press Enter to start backup of data
A file title TBK900.001 is stored in the specified folder
Surrender Tally 9
Go to Gateway of Tally or Company Info menu
- F12: Configure > Licensing > Online > Surrender
- The surrender License request is sent to Tally Internet Services Server. On receiving a valid
- response from the Internet Service Server the license is surrendered and Tally will be in
- Educational mode
- You can now proceed to activate Tally.ERP 9 by following the procedure shown below.
- In the Company Info menu select Restore
The Select Companies to Restore screen appears
- In the Destination enter the path of the folder where the backup has to be restored.
- In the Source enter the path of the folder/drive where the backup is stored.
- Select the required company from the List of Companies displayed
- Press Enter to restore the backup in the specified folder
- Start Tally.ERP 9
- Tally.ER9 will commence the process of logically migrating the data to Tally.ERP 9